Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wk 10 Discussion, Question 2

We finally made it to the end! The past 10 weeks have been a little challenging but the class was great. I really enjoyed all of the things that we have learned. I really enjoyed learning about all of the different types of speaking such as impromptu speaking, extemporaneous speaking and manuscript speaking. I know that I used impromptu and extemporaneous speaking in my previous communication classes and it was nice to refresh my memory on what they are and how to use them properly. I also learned more on how to prepare a speech and what techniques I should use such as chronological order, spatial order or topical order etc. There are a number of other things that I learned throughout the class that I know I will use no matter where I go in life.

I really liked the way the class was scheduled. I feel that the assignments were very reasonable and they did help me understand the concepts a little more. I think the discussions were also a very good way to keep the class connected. An online class is hard enough when you don't meet face to face with the professor but not meeting classmates face to face is hard too because you don't have a way to reach out to someone who is in the class if you need help. I think that having us comment on other students post was good because it helped us develop a link with classmates so we could reach out to them if we needed to.

Overall the class was great. I really did enjoy the past 10 weeks. The professor made the class really enjoyable even though it was over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment